Salsinha won’t surrender: A source close to Salsinha said via telephone on Sunday (9/3) that Salsinha had sent a letter to the General Prosecutor Longuinhos Monteiro claiming that he would not surrender to the F-FDTL/PNTL Joint Operation. The source admitted that while he was not privy to the contents of the letter, he was sure that Salsinha had stated in the letter that he would not surrender until PR Ramos Horta came back to Timor-Leste.
General Prosecutor Longuinhos Monteiro revealed that he had received a letter from Salsinha. “His planned surrender for today (Friday 07/03) has been postponed until Monday,” said Mr. Longuinhos on Friday (7/3) at a press conference in the Government Palace in Dili.
Previously, the F-FDTL Commander, Brigadier General Taur Matan Ruak, said that the deadline for Salsinha to surrender had ended and that the F-FDTL/PNTL Joint Operation would now use military forces to capture him alive. (STL)